The body of Major Maxwell Adam Mahama will be interred on Friday June 9 at the Osu Military Cemetery, after a burial service at the Forecourt of the State House, the State Protocol Office has announced.
The remaining burial and funeral arrangements include:
- Vigil Service at Arakan Officers Mess on Thursday 8th June 2017 at 1900 hrs
- Body of deceased will be moved from 37 Military Hospital to Forecourt of State House on Friday 9th June 2017 at 0600 hrs for filing past. Burial Service commences at 0910 hrs.
- Procession to Osu Military Cemetery for internment after the burial service. Order of procession to the cemetery to be announced during the burial service.
- Final funeral rites to be held at the Forecourt of the State House immediately after burial
- Thanksgiving service will be held at Light House Chapel Internatinal, Qodesh, North Kaneshie-Accra on Sunday 11th June at 1030 hrs.
- Final funeral rites will be held at Bole fro, 13th – 15th June 2017 and Tumu from 16th – 18th June 2017 respectively.
The 31-year old soldier met his untimely death when some residents of Denkyria-Obuasi in the Central Region, on May 29, brutally beaten and stoned him to death. His body was also partly burnt by the same people who murdered him with a claim that he was an armed robber.
Until his gruesome murder, the late soldier held the rank of a Captain but was promoted posthumously by President Akufo-Addo to a Major.
So far, about 40 persons have been arrested in connection with the murder, out of which some have been remanded in police custody.